Yatton Schools Association
Please see the Calendar for details of events.
Please check calendar nearer the time as some events scheduled may change.
Yatton Schools Association is a charitable fundraising committee run by parents, to raise money to support the schools in all sorts of ways and to help fund those ‘extra sparkly bits’, which enhance children’s lives at school.
In recent years, the Association has raised money for i-Pads and Wi-Fi, plus we are committed to giving each class in both the infant and junior schools an annual grant to help with the replacement of worn out toys, games and equipment. The School Association subsidises the cost of school trips, and funds the popular Learning College in both schools. This year, we are helping to fund a revamp of the IT Suite to allow more children from both schools to make use of it. This fits in well with the expectations of the updated National Curriculum.
YSA have also agreed to fund the following long term projects:
- Junior School ‘facelift’ to include painting classrooms, new furniture and flooring.
- A new, fun, shared learning space for small groups from both schools to work.
We raise these funds by organising all sorts of events – large and small, for the children and for families. The main events, the village Firework Night, and the Summer Carnival, may already be familiar to you as they are well established in the community. Other events include discos, movie nights, Summer Cream Teas and Nearly New Baby and Toy sales, We also run one-off events, such as a Barn Dance, or Pamper Evenings!
In order to make all this happen, we need volunteers to join the committee and offer their support. We greatly appreciate any assistance, whether you spend a little time helping out in the background, attend an event or join the committee. All parents automatically become members of the Association. In addition, we are a ‘friends of’ association which allows other members of the community to join and support us.
Apart from the AGM, meetings are informal. Each year, the Association loses committee members as their children leave the school, and we always need more members to join the team. It’s a great way to get involved in school life, make a difference to our children and the local community as well as make new friends. If you cannot commit to joining the committee, the Association also need lots of willing helpers to give a small amount of their time. We are always open to new ideas so feel free to share your fundraising ideas with us from a stall at the Carnival to a whole new event. New faces are always welcomed at meetings.
If you would like to help YFSA, in any capacity, please leave your details at the school office or email email@example.com
You can also help us fundraise in the following ways:
- Donations play a big part in fundraising – prize donations for raffles and tombola’s and match funding from your employer.
- Go to www.easyfundraising.org.uk/causes/yfsa, and earn cashback for YFSA every time you shop
- Save your ink cartridges and recycle them in the box at the school office, YFSA receive up to £1 for every empty cartridge!
- Order your name labels through STICKINS with the code 26085 from
- Order your name labels for uniform, water bottles, shoes and so on through www.easy2name.com and choose YATTON FEDERATED SCHOOLS BS49, earning 20% cashback for YFSA
- Order your wrapping paper and other gift items through www.northbrookfundraising.co.uk, choose YATTON FEDERATED SCHOOLS and earn 22% cash back for YFSA
- Join in the popular Cauliflower Cards fundraising Christmas card project