The SWGfL Merlin service is a learning platform being introduced across the majority of North Somerset schools and includes simplified sign on with virtual desktops, communication and collaboration tools and online space to store files and resources. The service integrates management information systems, virtual learning environments and additional tools and content chosen by schools, with an emphasis on e-safety. SWGfL Merlin is also available for the whole community of services for children and young people.
- Access learning materials created by their teachers and others
- Store work and notes online for use in assignments, homework and revision
- Work at their own pace
- Create an online portfolio, (including digital photos and videos of performance)
- Submit work and assignments for marking or discussion
- Communicate, collaborate and participate in live discussions and forums with other students and teachers.
- Support children in any learning which takes place outside school