Sport Relief 2018 Fundraising Total £527.46!!!

Well done to everyone involved in helping to achieve this brilliant total.  The children looked excellent in their sporty outfits today and we’ve all had great fun this week participating in all the activities scheduled in school.  The Sport Relief Mile at Hangstones was a wonderful way to round off a super week.

School Closed – Friday, 2nd March

Following the escalation of North Somerset to a RED WEATHER warning by the MET office from 3pm today, we have decided to notify everyone we will be closed tomorrow (Friday).  

This is the first time a red warning has ever been issued in the South West….. Keep safe.

Thursday, 1st March – 1.00pm early closure

Further to our correspondence yesterday, and taking further advice this morning, we have decided to close both schools this afternoon at the earlier time of 1.00pm to allow pupils and staff to get home safely.  The school gates will be open at 12.50pm and pupils can be collected from their classes in the usual way.
To ensure that pupils get home safely, we ask that, regardless of usual arrangements, pupils are all collected by a parent/carer.  If you are happy for your child to make their own way home, or be collected by another adult, please contact the school office.
YAS will not be open today.
Please check the school website and your email for information about school opening times on Friday, 2nd March.
Thank you for your cooperation.

Thursday, 1st March- weather update

We have been seeking advice and based on the current Met Office forecast, it is likely that that the weather conditions will go downhill in the afternoon tomorrow.  In order to ensure that all children and staff get home safely, we may consider shutting the schools early at 2.00pm.  Confirmation of this decision will be posted on the school website and sent by email by 9.00am tomorrow morning when we have been able to consider the most recent weather forecast.

We are currently expecting to be open tomorrow morning, but if the weather changes overnight, we will make a decision about the school opening by 7.45am and communicate this decision in the usual way as per the procedures set out in the newsletter sent out today.

Please check the school website and your emails over the coming days for further updates.

Thank you for your cooperation.