Following the escalation of North Somerset to a RED WEATHER warning by the MET office from 3pm today, we have decided to notify everyone we will be closed tomorrow (Friday).
This is the first time a red warning has ever been issued in the South West….. Keep safe.
Further to our correspondence yesterday, and taking further advice this morning, we have decided to close both schools this afternoon at the earlier time of 1.00pm to allow pupils and staff to get home safely. The school gates will be open at 12.50pm and pupils can be collected from their classes in the usual way.
To ensure that pupils get home safely, we ask that, regardless of usual arrangements, pupils are all collected by a parent/carer. If you are happy for your child to make their own way home, or be collected by another adult, please contact the school office.
YAS will not be open today.
Please check the school website and your email for information about school opening times on Friday, 2nd March.
Thank you for your cooperation.
We have been seeking advice and based on the current Met Office forecast, it is likely that that the weather conditions will go downhill in the afternoon tomorrow. In order to ensure that all children and staff get home safely, we may consider shutting the schools early at 2.00pm. Confirmation of this decision will be posted on the school website and sent by email by 9.00am tomorrow morning when we have been able to consider the most recent weather forecast.
We are currently expecting to be open tomorrow morning, but if the weather changes overnight, we will make a decision about the school opening by 7.45am and communicate this decision in the usual way as per the procedures set out in the newsletter sent out today.
Please check the school website and your emails over the coming days for further updates.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Both schools will be open as usual today. We will continue to review the weather forecast over the next couple of days. Please continue to check your emails and the school website for more information. Thank you.
Yatton Federated School Association’s (YFSA) next meeting is tomorrow night, Wednesday 17th January 2018. Come and join us for a drink at The Market inn from 7.30 and find out whats going on. All welcome.
Please download a copy of the latest school newsletters here
Thank you to the record number of respondents (207) who completed a questionnaire. Your feedback is valuable to us and please be assured that school leaders and governors review and consider the responses very carefully. Please see the Executive summary below:
- 85% of parents are happy with their child’s progress.
- 89% of parents are satisfied with teaching.
- 91% of parents say their child is happy at school.
- 87% of parents said their child is happy with their learning.
- 100% of parents said their child is safe at school.
- 94% of parents said their child felt safe getting to and from school.
- 78% of parents think the amount of homework is about right.
- 99% of parents who expressed a view think the Governing Body is doing a good job.
- 93% of parents who had raised concerns said the school responded effectively.
- 100% of parents read at least some issues of the Newsletter.
- 90% of parents make use of the school website.
- 89% of parents said they felt well supported when their child joined the school.
- 75% of parents said they felt well supported when their child changed year group.
- 62% of parents said the school is good at providing extra learning support.
- 97% of parents say it is a welcoming school.
- 95% of parents say it is a happy school.
- The average mark out of 10 was 8.6; 57% of parents gave a score of 9 or 10.
Thank you to all that made it possible.
Here’s to another great year.