Yatton Federated School Association’s (YFSA) next meeting is tomorrow night, Wednesday 17th January 2018. Come and join us for a drink at The Market inn from 7.30 and find out whats going on. All welcome.
Please download a copy of the latest school newsletters here
Thank you to the record number of respondents (207) who completed a questionnaire. Your feedback is valuable to us and please be assured that school leaders and governors review and consider the responses very carefully. Please see the Executive summary below:
- 85% of parents are happy with their child’s progress.
- 89% of parents are satisfied with teaching.
- 91% of parents say their child is happy at school.
- 87% of parents said their child is happy with their learning.
- 100% of parents said their child is safe at school.
- 94% of parents said their child felt safe getting to and from school.
- 78% of parents think the amount of homework is about right.
- 99% of parents who expressed a view think the Governing Body is doing a good job.
- 93% of parents who had raised concerns said the school responded effectively.
- 100% of parents read at least some issues of the Newsletter.
- 90% of parents make use of the school website.
- 89% of parents said they felt well supported when their child joined the school.
- 75% of parents said they felt well supported when their child changed year group.
- 62% of parents said the school is good at providing extra learning support.
- 97% of parents say it is a welcoming school.
- 95% of parents say it is a happy school.
- The average mark out of 10 was 8.6; 57% of parents gave a score of 9 or 10.
The Pupil Quality Assurance Committee of Governors met on Wednesday 27th September for our first meeting of the new school year.
A new Chair was elected, and thanks given to Chris Jackson for all the work he has put into the role.
Please look out for the annual parental questionnaire which will be coming your way shortly. It is a very useful tool for us as governors for identifying strengths and weaknesses of the school as seen by parents, and we need as many responses as possible to make it a comprehensive survey.
Rosie Kendall, Chair of Pupil Quality Assurance
A reminder that the YFSA Annual General Meeting is taking place at 7:30pm on Tuesday 3rd October at 7.30pm in the Infant Hall. New and not so new parents all welcome from both Infants and Juniors.
Over wine and nibbles, we’ll be:
• Discussing our fundraising events including grand totals
• Updating you on what we’ve spent this year and how it’s benefited the children
• Making plans for the future
• Agreeing budgets for the coming year.
The attached PDF has more information, including if you’d like to volunteer, stand as a Trustee/committee member. The deadline for the latter is Monday 2nd October.
If you’d like a Facebook event reminder, pop along to the Yatton Parents FB page.
Questions to YFSAgeneral@gmail.com
**YFSA Table Top Sale**
Taking place on Saturday 14th October, 11-1 at the school, £1 adult entry, free for children. Grab some amazing toys, clothing and equipment bargains for babies, pre-schoolers and children.
Bakers needed – if you can bring something sweet along, let us know!
Contact Angie Hall, mum to Rowan (9J) and Tara (4I) on firstname.lastname@example.org
The buses from Morfa Bay are due to arrive back around 3.45pm – 4.00pm.
Please download the annual planner of school dates here
The Pupil Quality Assurance Committee of Governors met on Wednesday, 5th July. The excellent recent Ofsted report made us think that perhaps this would be a simple and quick meeting, but, in fact, we spent quite a bit of time discussing outcomes and achievements for this year, with a view to identifying key school improvement issues for next year. The Committee also discussed a playground accident in the Infant School and how the school responded and lessons learnt.
Chris Jackson, Chair of Pupil Quality Assurance